LIVING OUT LOUD FOR GOD last three blogs (go to archives)!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

SCATTERED PIECES

Saturday, May 22, 2010 8AM
SCATTERED PIECES

Today’s morning song and meditation…perfect as always.



Today's Prayer
“Dear Father in Heaven, I know that You have given me special gifts, talents, and abilities to use in Your service. Please stir up those gifts, talents, and abilities within me. Help me to see how and what I am to do for You. Work through me, through the power of Your Holy Spirit, to accomplish Your purpose and to draw people to Yourself. I know that all that is done through me is not of my own power, but of Your power, God. May You be glorified. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.”  *

*Prime time with God (it Comes from Church Growth Institute and here is the free subscription link) http://store.churchgrowth.org/epages/ChurchGrowth.sf/
4bf7c744183008192717ac10035705ff/Product/View/1005


It’s a two part devotional and the next part tells me that 
God always provides…EVERYTHING!
 Of course, that’s the simplified version…the message is told through 
a scripture story, 
and that’s what I received from reading it. 

God’s message speaks to each of us PERSONALLY because He is a LIVING GOD.

 It just reminds me that my efforts are useless unless they are God directed.
 So IN YOUR hands I put my scattered pieces.
 TRUSTING you will use them for Your Glory.

The song, no coincidence, comes from Shaw McDonald’s Album 
Scattered Pieces. Gravity
The Chorus:
“I don't want to fall away from You
Gravity is pulling me on down
I don't want to fall away from You
Gravity is pulling me to the ground.”

Shawn McDonald (his website http://www.shawnmcdonaldmusic.com/
While you visit his page take the time to listen to his new song “Clarity”-
 which is exactly what I pray for.

What could I possibly say that hasn’t already been said by someone else better!
 I am going to keep today short and simple 
because “the scattered pieces” of my life need attention.
 I trust God’s purpose in my “ living out loud” isn’t thwarted 
by discouragement and selfishness.
 The prayer says (SCRIPTURE tells us) 
WE ALL have special gifts and talents,
 given to each one of us individually,
 by HIM, to use for HIS GLORY. 
 Why do I wish I had someone else’s talents?  
Beautiful words I can sing to you to draw you close to His heart?
An artist's hand to draw you His face?
Anything rather than what I have.

  I lack confidence in my own gifts sometimes
What a slap in the face to God.
  Where is my focus? 
When I am led by my own “feelings” I am subject to defeat. 
I don’t even need any criticism- I am my own worst enemy!  
When I am led by HIM I am accepting and appreciative of 
my experiences knowing that HE can use little me!  

Here I am Father, consume me,
 and let my scattered pieces become 
YOUR MASTERPIECE!
 Let my hope shine
 in the dark corners
 of someone’s life today
 so they are drawn to Your loving arms.


If you are curious, there is also a free spiritual gifts assessment
 on the website my morning devotion comes from. 
The direct link is http://www.churchgrowth.org/cgi-cg/gifts.cgi?intro=1  

I have taken it before to find that one of my gifts is encouragement. 
SO I WILL USE IT!  
I am reminded not to grow weary and faint. 
I leave you today with three questions:

 1. Do you know your God given talents and gifts?
 2. Are you using them?
3. for HIM or for YOU?

1 comment: