LIVING OUT LOUD FOR GOD last three blogs (go to archives)!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I AM BROKEN and BEAUTIFUL

Tuesday, May 18, 2010  6:30 AM
Broken and Beautiful
THE NOW
Hit the snooze bar three times this morning. I really need to change that alarm setting! My daughter Chloe (14), who might kill me for sharing this picture, set the radio station and I never think about until it wakes me up and I want to throw the whole clock out the window! List of things to today …set alarm on WAFJ! http://www.wafj.com/
Then some puppy love! Unconditional love! Another story all in itself!
Morning meditation…How does God know exactly what I need to hear? It floors me every time how ON TARGET the devotions are. I picked the first one I saw in my email box which comes from Prime Time With God  (it has a button on the bottom that says share with a friend so I’m doing exactly that!) but here’s the website so you can subscribe yourself since it is copyrighted material.
Today's Prayer 
Dear God, You know how eager I am to jump in and take matters into my own hands. Sometimes, I don't take time to think and talk with you about a situation first. I know I should take matters to You; I should slow down a little to think and pray. Help me to not be so hard-headed all the time, but to slow down and wait on Your guidance...even Your intervention. Please give me wisdom, so that maybe I won't have to spend so much time wandering in the wilderness because of my ignorance. Thank you.



Building a Solid Foundation
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 1, by Os Hillman
05-18-2010
"But everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand." - Matthew 7:26
There were two kinds of people in the days of Jesus. Some heard the words that Jesus spoke and were awed by His wisdom and understanding, but did nothing about what they heard. Others heard those words and acted on them. Jesus said that those who heard the words but failed to put them into practice were foolish and likened them to building a house on sand. How foolish, indeed, it would be to build a house on sand.
The person who followed what Jesus taught was a person who would be sure to weather life's storms.
Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock (Matthew 7:24-25).
You never know how well your house is built until it is tested by the elements. Torrential rains reveal the quality of your roof. Wind and cold reveal how well your home is insulated. Heat and sun reveal the quality of your paint and siding. All these elements reveal whether a solid foundation has been laid to make your home a secure and lasting place to live.
Many of us find that we have given only lip service to God's commands. We are faced with the reality that our foundations are not strong enough to weather life's storms. How do we react when the trials come? Do we fret and worry? Do we take life into our hands? Do we respond inappropriately when we don't get what we want? The Lord uses these times to help us recognize whether our foundations are sand or rock. Ask the Lord today if you have built on His rock. If so, you can be comforted to know that you can weather any storm that may come your way. 
Today God Is First (TGIF) devotional message, Copyright by Os Hillman, Marketplace Leaders.


Well that sure slapped me in the face! In a good way -if you know what I mean. Taking matters into my own hands, rushing, HARDHEADED!  It’s almost like it was written just for me and THAT IS EXACTLY HOW GOD SPEAKS to each of us IF we listen. Then the lesson goes on to speak about foundation…I don’t need to be redundant. It is obvious that I sank in the sand until I LET HIM IN and HE guided me to a place where WE (HIS part MY PART) could begin building a solid foundation.
Then to TOP it all off is my song for the day. Broken and Beautiful by Mark Schultz. 


EXACTLY the right words I want to share with all of you. Best yet is that this Thursday night he is concert right around the corner from me and I HAVE TICKETS! I invited my friend Ingried to come so …INGY if you are reading this you better not forget…. Thursday night 6PM my house!
Broken and Beautiful…if you listen to the works it says it so much better than I ever could. It was exactly the condition I spoke about yesterday to great extent.
Today my day again is filled with the busyness of “life” which I am making an effort at simplifying, so I can focus more on HIM than ME- but it’s difficult as we all know. The world runs so fast and it is so easy to get caught in the whirlwind that GOD is edged out of the picture all together. That includes when things are running pretty “smooth” so BIG CAUTION SIGN. Worldly success does not equal spiritual JOY! Been there, got that TEE Shirt! Well truth be told mine’s not running so smooth right now but that’s OK with me because I know I am lead and protected. I also know that most of what is not going smooth is coming from two sources that feed on one another. First is the natural consequences of my own actions and the second is the power of defeat (EVIL) that marks me as a target in an attempt to prevent any light from shining. I need to study more because I don’t know where it is and I should I do KNOW  WHAT TO  DO as a result of having a small foundation built.
PUT ON THE ARMOUR OF GOD!
Karin AKA “MAMA FOREVER” (thank you JAG) OUT for now.

3 comments:

  1. thanks... be there or be square... and i'm too round to be square...lol.. see ya thursday..
    luvs ya!
    ingy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good word Karin. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Creed For Those Who Have Suffered

    I asked God for strength, that I might achieve.
    I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey... I asked for health, that I might do great things. I was given infirmity, that I might do better things... I asked for riches, that I might be happy. I was given poverty, that I might be wise... I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God...
    I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.
    I was given life, that I might enjoy all things... I got nothing I asked for - but everything I had hoped for; Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
    I am, among men, most richly blessed!

    Attributed to an unknown Confederate soldier

    ReplyDelete