LIVING OUT LOUD FOR GOD last three blogs (go to archives)!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Foundation...looking at mine.

"Experience and preparation has [had] to be mixed with obedience" 
 Os Hillman
Praying for obedience. Please pray along with me! Scary sometimes knowing my house is built on sand (Not all of it, but too much). I grew up on Long Island and saw what happened to the beach houses after a hurricane (destroyed so bad you can't even buy insurance on natural disasters on that coastline!).
Not pretty and I know a few things looking at my God reflection in the mirror:

  •  It's NOT about ME! 
  • Self absorption and obedience don't work together. Main Entry: self–ab·sorp·tion Pronunciation: \-ˈsȯrp-shən, -ˈzȯrp-\Function: noun Date: 1835: preoccupation with oneself
  • No one can be forced into obedience (in the long run) 
  • God has no "Grandchildren"  that HURTS SOOOO MUCH!)
  •  Knowing and not applying,  even a honest look in the mirror, doen's change anything.


Worst of all... there are some things I don't want to change! I hate that! I love my Camel cigarettes, I fear tithing sometimes because I'm scared they are going to turn a utility off (lack of faith). And more.....

So, Living Out loud, is my way off trying to share building my foundation on the ROCK! I share it so that it may touch your heart and you can build with me....maybe one day you'll be out of nails and my hammer breaks and we can build together!

Love ME

No comments:

Post a Comment