LIVING OUT LOUD FOR GOD last three blogs (go to archives)!

Friday, May 28, 2010

A SNAIL WHO WANTS TO BE A WORKER BEE!

Friday, May 28, 2010   6:30AM
Current Self-Image: Moving along at the pace of a snail.

Everything needs to be sorted and sifted through the “GOD FILTER,” if my life is HIS and not mine.

If I really want to be removed from self-absorption all I need to do is look at the world around me and examine my part in it. Is it all about ME? I am not suggesting that by ignoring “my world” or pretending that I’m more concerned with others is “real” either. Nor can I use it as a valid excuse to not deal with the current condition of my own family. I am nowhere close to being that unselfish. OUCH.
I do see it though, and that’s a miracle in it’s own right.


It’s all about perspective and balance  which I am learning at a snail’s pace. The GOOD NEWS is that I’m moving and that the direction I am moving in is closer to God!

In my morning mail came a letter from The Voice of the Martyrs. I needed no further meditation. The balance needed to be of maximum use to God, I believe, comes from a spiritual maturity I have not reached.  Just a baby with only my journey to share; however, it didn’t take two sentences of reading to realize that my world is too small and my focus distorted.

This is just a sample to swallow:
"I am willing to go to prison for my faith. But please, God, take care of my family."
— Recent prayer of Salavat, a formerly imprisoned pastor from Uzbekistan
When Salavat was in prison for his faith, his family had no food. Some of the local Christians were afraid they would be arrested if they helped his family. Others didn't know what had happened. The international community was unaware of his arrest at first, and during this time, his family nearly starved.


What FAITH!
What right do I have to complain about my petty difficulties or be complacent!  I need to pick up my pace and let God turn this old snail into a worker bee in His kingdom!


‘nuf said!!!!



The answer: Listen to the Words of this song. I can't say it better. A favorite of mine for years and so old I had forgotten about it. God reminded me yesterday in all the confusion. The mountain in the way is usually me, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment