LIVING OUT LOUD FOR GOD last three blogs (go to archives)!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Promise with a capital P

 I am a Promise” NO got that wrong- YOU are a Promise with a capital P! Nope, WE are a PROMISE!
Good Morning and God Bless
I am attempting to OBEY His Will in my life and not sure about some of the curve balls being tossed my way. First, I will tell you I began my day -before writing you- with Matthew West’s Song  “Motion” who’s lyrics motivate me every  morning. Then I read my daily devotional. The prayer for the day referred to a children’s song called “I am a promise” and I thought HOW amazing! We are ALL a promise. The devotional didn’t have all the words only the first couple of sentences, so I typed it in the search engine and POOF there it was.  We have the world at our fingertips…the internet is an amazing source of information. When I was growing up the idea of it was unimaginable. If you wanted to look something up it was off to the library to outdated material! Anyway before I get on a tangent let me get focused. I’m pretty sure that the song is so old that the copyright is expired and no one I found knew the writer…. but the WORDS … CHILDREN’S SONG? I think it’s an everybody’s song ….so I shared it with you. Now I will continue my story and share with you yesterday’s events. I that it is best to break down my writings every day into NOW AND THEN because both are so incredible …but confusing if I mix them (even to me).

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I am a promise to be anything God wants me to be.

I can go anywhere that He wants me to go
I can be anything He wants me to be
I can climb the high mountains
I can cross the wide sea
I'm a great big promise you see!

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I'm a promise to be anything God wants me to be
Anything God wants me to be!
Source(s):

THE NOW
Several unexpected people have popped up and shown me encouragement and support that I never expected. It’s not the need for it that is important …rather the timing and the sources. Of course I get encouraging words from believers –that is natural…but it was the several people who wrote me and told me they were not believers and wanted to help me that rocked my world. One even offered to design me a website! How awesome is that. I can have a page for almost anything…like prayer requests, links to my friends in trouble, links and stories of missionaries I support. A page for local and foreign mission trips I have the honor of experiencing. (I can’t wait to share our trip to Costa Rica!) . I’m just so excited. Of course the site will also have the ongoing life saga of FOREVER MAMA to hopefully inspire you but at the very least entertain you! It will be called Big God little me! oooooppppps new addition blog is little me BIG GOD!

As for the non-supporters…well of course…that’s the world… and you can’t stop me just like I can’t stop you from doing what you do. Since I began writing I have posted it in my notes with a link, sometimes tagging a few friends (Facebook lingo) and also sent it out as a mass mail to my JAG family. Well, I received an email requesting me not to send it through JAG any more. I was told that not everyone believed like I do. No kidding …imagine that! That’s the point. Anyway, my first response was hurt and discouragement…  because I’m human (and because I’m MAMA)  and I sent out another  mass mail saying I would not send out my writing from the group any longer but if they wanted me to tag them to my entries that they should email me. That was  almost 2AM and I obviously had trouble sleeping!  OK…then come to find out that the person who asked me to stop was asked by someone else to ask me! How foolish….delete me! It’s that easy or just don’t read my mail. If what I say bothers someone so much maybe they need to look at WHY? A million posts pass unread…why not let mine…but the TRUTH is anywhere a little candle burns someone wants to blow it out. Well, I’m not a candle and even though I won’t send out my notes to JAG anymore unless requested, I WILL tell my story. I will OBEY GOD’s leading to give the hope I found. So here are today’s writing’s on my wall and NO HUMAN can stop me. Plus it won’t be long before my dear friend has the website open and you can follow along or not. Funny how when something discourages you at first it becomes such a MOTIVATOR…but only IF YOU allow God to lead you. My “human” nature would say give up..no one wants to hear your crap, who are you anyway? BUT THE VOICE OF TRUTH (also love that song) says this isn’t about you Karin, it about ME. The LIVING GOD that changes lives. Just keep plugging on.

THE THEN
Yesterday I left off starting to tell you about my Dad. I wonder if I sparked  anyone’s interest enough to actually go look him up? I also found an awesome picture and article about him in Sports Illustrated. The third issue Dad was featured as the cover, http://sportsillustrated.cnnhtm












Wow, November 8th, 1954. A few things I’m sure of and most I’m not. Don’t know if he knew my mom yet- a story in its self- Know he was already an alcoholic. Know he had prior failed marriages, know he was relatively famous by then in the New York Circle. Know I’m not around yet because I was born on Mother’s Day, May 11th 1958, 4 years later.

Yes, my family was famous and I will tell stories of people I know and have met that will amaze you. But me? I amounted to nothing! Well, that is what I though all my life …actually my self-opinion was worse than nothing…but we will get to that. Today I know exactly who I am and learn more each day. The most important thing I know is that I am the child of the King, that He loves me, has a purpose for my life, and that I  don’t need or want to be any different than EXACTLY who I am! (Well, since I’m still human I sometimes still struggle with who I am and what I have done- but I KNOW HE doesn’t! I have been forgiven I just need to remember DAILY THAT HIS GRACE AND MERCY are unlimited!

Today’s entry is getting a bit long so I will only go on a bit more. My early memories are pretty blurred and I am only introducing you to my family because THEY are a HUGE part of my story. It’s funny when you look at someone’s life and what you see and the reality of what is really inside them….it is so skewed. It’s worse for people who are in the public eye because they are so exposed. Public exposure, mind you, has nothing to do with truth. It is only the perspective, viewed by your own life experiences, of how you see someone else. That’s true famous or not. I have often looked at other people and wish I was them or had their lives. What I was really doing was only seeing what I didn’t have that I thought they did. It’s so easy to pass judgment, good and bad.  Well, tomorrow I’ll share what I know of my father’s first few years with me and maybe introduce you to my mother (now that’s one you don’t want to miss!)

I love you all and hope you know that you are a PROMISE with a capital P, but it’s your choice….you can toss all your potential and gifts to the side and be as self-absorbed as you want!

MAMA FOREVER OUT

NOTE: my JAG email went out at 2am and since I write this in word I haven’t signed on yet to find out what’s in store for me today concerning my JAG group. So I’ll just say as much as I would like to pick the people whose life I would like to touch I HAVE NO POWER! Never did …that’s the deal. It’s an
    illusion- thinking WE have any power the POWER is HIS ALONE, so I will just be His hands and feet             and shut up for today!

1 comment:

  1. Keep on keeping on Karin...follow as the Lord leads!

    Gil

    ReplyDelete